Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Mrs. Radha, the saviour

.
Ikram did so badly in his final exam this year. As expected, he failed his Add.Maths paper again!...and in 3 other subjects!!!!

mama: Ikram, if this is the set of results you are going to get in your actual SPM, how are you going to further your studies? NO amount of money can get you a place in College without you obtaining the minimum qualifying criteria!

Ikram: ZZzzzz......(pretending to be fast asleep after only 2 mins.in the car.)

That night I couldn't help crying due to my severe frustration with Ikram. No! I'm not going to collect his report card and humiliate myself thoroughly infront of his class teacher!!

Dilla, the ever concern Dilla, did some immediate research and networking. She told me that her friend's sister is being tutored by a FIERCE add.Maths teacher and she can now expect an 'A' confidently in her SPM. BUT the catch word is, she has a blazing voice that can be heard from 3 blocks away if she finds out that you do not do the homeworks she gave you to do! I got hold of the phone and keyed in the number instantly.

Mrs. Radha, the teacher, sounded like she is so familiar with the trauma of an agonized mother. She asked the right questions like: 'how bad is your son?????'..instead of, 'Could this be hereditary, from the father's side of the family??????'.....

Mrs.Radha: OK, get him in my intensive class for the next 7 days starting tomorrow and let me assess him from there!

Wow!!Is this for real???

mama: Can you assist his Maths subject, too?

Mrs. Radha: Give me the chance to see his Add Maths capability first, that guy can go mad if I do both now!

mama: It's OK for him to go mad, instead of ME!!!

Ikram protested and screamed that he has no say in his life.'This is school holidays, for God's sake!'

mama: You have been holidaying the entire year, Ikram!!

Ikram stormed into his room, got hold of his Add Maths text book and started glancing at the formulas and the equations......My nightmare has slowly turned into a wonderful dream.

So it was the beginning of a gruelling initiation period for Ikram, 4hours a day for 7days.......Everyday he came back smelling like the incense from Mrs.Radha's home due to the long hours he spent there.

Mrs.Radha later called and told me that Ikram is so clever, he could do ALL the topics without much coaching.

Both his papa and me are perplexed how is it that suddenly he has become so clever? Papa's hypothesis is that possibly Ikram was in a trance due to the incense burnt at Mrs. Radha's house. If that is proven to be a theory, Papa is willing to buy the whole box and burn it under Ikram's table when he sits for his SPM exam next year!

Mrs.Radha: The only reason that he failed his tests is because he lacks practice!

mama: for the entire year I've been telling you, Ikram, for you to excell in Add Maths, you need to practice!!! No compromise! Kenapa bila Mrs.Radha cakap baru Ikram nak ikut?

Ikram: Sebab mama baik, Ikram tak takut!!.......

Well, since he is so frightened of Mrs.Radha, I've enrolled Ikram for the full time tuition starting this friday until his SPM exam next year..

How about that, Ikram??, do you choose to be a 'hero from zero' or 'macho tapi hancor'????.....

.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice, cozy place you got here :)..

Anonymous said...

hehehhe .. funny, but its quite tru actually.. i did badly in my add subjects coz somehow i panicked everytime i got a glance at the questions .. like ' uh oh.. blank ... what do i do next'?
but when i got to college , i had a very kind teacher who actually coaches me.. and for my uni entry level exam, i aced :-) .. guess its just the practice we need
btw akak.. im fr stf too.. but i was born in 1975 ;-)
been frequenting your blog ...impressed to hear about your reunion.. :-)

Anonymous said...

insightful and splendidly conveyed.

Anonymous said...

betul tu mama irma. when i was in form 4 semester 1, i always gaduh with my add maths teacher cikgu hanafi nama dia. masa tu selalu fail add maths. then naik semester 2, tukar cikgu, this time cikgu omar, he's a kelantanese, handsome,putih, lemah lembut, very patient...everything that u need in a teacher. at last dapat A2 for my SPM. not bad la haa

mama irma said...

guile,the crooner: Thanks for visiting.
Ariel,nurul: Add Maths was a nightmare, wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, brings back memories ... I did so badly in my Add Maths masa sekolah dulu .... all because I totally disliked the fierce Indonesian male teacher. Nama dia Pak Arsjad .. we all panggil di Pak Jahat! Then first year in uni, surprise surprise, it came so clearly and so easily I was able to ace my maths classes ... the same things we learnt in sec. school. Maybe because I liked the kind Mat Salleh lecturer????

Maybe I should get the likes of Mrs Radha to teach my kids too....