Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My Own Merdeka Hero!!

.
Suddenly, the Merdeka celebration this year carry a different air of festivities in our family, due to Imran's involvement in his school Merdeka projects.

One of the projects, the raising of a giant flag was telecast live on 'Malaysia Hari Ini' programme on TV3 at 8.00am this morning. Imran's mediocre participation as one of the students chosen to wave the state's flag is something I was so excited about.

I rushed home from sending his big brother Ikram to school, just to be infront of the telly. Not before telling Dilla to be on standby with the recorder incase I could not make it. Never mind that Dilla too was going to be late for work. Of course, the night before I have already alerted my mother in Kuala Pilah not to be elsewhere but infront of the TV at the specific time....

Such an enthusiasm, unfortunately, TV3 didn't give Imran a special airtime, perhaps because he was only bearing and waving a Sarawak flag! ha,ha,ha....
(we will next be able to see him perform in the Kawat Tatu Hari Merdeka at the Stadium on the 9thSeptember,2006)

Before he left the house this morning, I managed to capture his image on the camera in his full Kadet Remaja's regalia. He has just been promoted to a LansCorporal, and a typical mom, I am so proud of my son no matter how small the steps he made on his move forward.

I'm grateful that my children are raised in a Merdeka environment, where they are free to seize every opportunity to be the best person that they could possibly be.

Merdeka!!!

3 comments:

Kak Teh said...

awwwwwww!Mama irma, i would have jumped up and down and pointed himn out to anyone who cared to listen! I am sure you are proud of him...so, where is the pix???

mama irma said...

ha,ha,ha...Kak Teh, I knew you'd ask! I don't have the chance to get hold of the camera yet....Imran is busy doing things with it at the moment, so, I give way to the star.

High Power Rocketry said...

: )