Friday, June 11, 2010

Throwing rm0.5m into the deep blue sea

So my son, Imran, is offered a Government scholarship to study medicine at Melaka-Manipal College.

Red-faced Imran went something like: Wwhat?? I am so not going to graduate from an Indian Uni!!

-silence-


-silence-



Weeks later, I got a phone call from JPA.

JPA: Puan Ibu kepada Azzim Emir Imran?

me: Ya

JPA: Kami perlu jawapan kepada tawaran biasiswa JPA keluar negeri, nak terima ke tidak?

me: errrr...boleh appeal tak?

JPA: Nak appeal apa tu?

me: Boleh minta tukar tempat belajar?

JPA: Kalau tak dapat tawaran saja boleh appeal, kalau dah ditawarkan negara, kami tak layan, terima saja lah apa yang diberi!

me: hmmmmm...(trying to still hang on there by a thin thread..)

JPA: So?????? Tolak ke?

me: errrrr...(why do I have to do this!)nampaknya,...terpaksa...tolak..lah...kot, terima kasih ya..

(BOMB!! There goes rm0.5m worth of $$$$$ sponsorship money down the Indian Ocean!)

And with that decision, Imran has signed his own warrant to strap himself to the study table. He has to continue getting excellent exam results on his own terms in order to get into the University that he aspires to graduate from. It will have to be mum-sponsored then, with a lifetime contract....



Been there, done that!!!! Snapshots of Imran in India (during our holidays last December).The experience and what he saw there must have scarred him for life.






No comments: