Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Brainless Napoleon.

.
In 1996, a banker friend needed money to start a business and decided to sell his 3 storey bungalow in Kg.Tunku to me.

I thought why not, sold some shares in the stock market, and the house became another compliment of the KLSE .

I heard later that my friend did not do well in his business, lost the money and lost his house...
Since my family did not want to stay in Kg.Tunku, I rented the property out to a Singaporean businessman who turned the place into his headquarters.

We'd think that I should now happily collect my monthly rental and spend them all on my children.
However, as a property owner, I have to pay the municipality a 'cukai pintu' (door tax??) twice a year, and a 'cukai tanah' once a year. Not to forget 28% of the collected rental goes to inland revenue as business income tax.

It's the time of the year to pay the 'cukai tanah' again, before 31May each year, or else, a 5%penalty will be imposed.

For the said house in Kg.Tunku, the cukai tanah has always been RM137.00 per year.
It has been so since 1996!!
This year I received a hefty bill of RM16,400.00!!!!
Wey, gilo ko, tak roti kiro??

I sent Ariff my office boy to inquire at the land office in Shah Alam.
The clerk there told him that she'll investigate and will let him know the outcome after 6 days.
After 7 days, Ariff made the call.

Ariff: Puan, saya dah call pejabat tanah, diorang kata memang cukai ni RM16,400.00 sebab tanah tu luas!
Kalau Puan tak puas hati, diorang minta Puan call this phone number and talk to Mary.

I looked at the bill and realised that some smart worker at the pejabat tanah has keyed in the keluasan tanah as 81,600meter persegi, translated to be a hefty 14.5 acres.
I checked the previous bill and it was only 0.12acres!!

If I were to own 14.5acres of prime land in SS1, I could build 120 units of 3storey bungalow lots there. I will not name the place Kg.Tunku, but MamaIrma Mansions instead!!!

Realising the source of the mistake, I promptly called the number given by Ariff
mama: hello. boleh saya bercakap dengan Mary?
answerer: Mary bukan di talian ni, sila dial 03-********

after dialing the new given number,
Hello, boleh saya bercakap dengan Mary?

answerer: Ini bukan number Mary, dial 03-****** (the first number in the first place!)
mama: eh, tadi saya dial number tu tapi girl tu kata dial number ni!
answerer: siapa yang pandai2 bagi nombor ni? awak ada nama dia????
mama: Takpe lah, saya perlu bercakap dengan Mary sebab ada kesilapan pada bil cukai tanah saya.
answerer: Mary dah tak buat billing lagi, dia sekarang dah bertukar ke bahagian pendaftaran. Puan sekarang kena call Amy di nombor 03-*******.
mama: OK. terima kasih.

I dialled the said Amy.
answerer: sori, Puan Amy busy, telepon balik selepas 10 minit.

after 10 minutes,
answerer: sori, Puan Amy keluar minum....

Ini yang darah aku menyirap ni!!
Nanti hujung tahun masa budget, diorang lah yang paling sebok minta kenaikan gaji, bonus segala, tapi prestasi kerja macam bawak kereta lembu!!!

mama: Tapi saya perlu cakap dengan seseorang yang boleh selesaikan masalah bil cukai tanah saya ni!

I heard the girl called out to someone named Jo.
After explaining the mistakes to Jo, he said I'll have to talk to Ani!!!
I RE explained to Ani, trying all the time to be extra polite hopefully my problem could be solved.

mama: you see, Ani, rumah akak ni cuma sebijik bungalow di KgTunku, takkan lah luasnya sampai 14 ekar. Kalau gitu termasuklah kawasan perkuburan Islam, jerat Cina dan Sek. Keb. Kg.Tunku!!! Lagi pun cuba you tengok rekod bil akak sebelum ni. kan dah bertahun2 bayar RM137.00 saja, kenapa tiba2 jadi RM16,400 pulak tahun ni???

Ani: Ini akak kena pergi pejabat tanah di Shah Alam, ground floor, counter 16, bawak sales and purchase agreement dan geran tanah yang menunjukkan bukti tanah tu cuma 0.12 acres!

mama: Bukan ke you all tu Pejabat Tanah, takkan tak boleh tengok rekod yang you all ada, dah siap nombor HSD, no.Lot, no. akaun...lagi pun geran tu kan ker you all yang keluarkan?

Ani: sori kak, akak kena betulkan rekod dulu! Jangan lupa settlekan sebelum 31May, kalau tak akak kena denda!

#%^#...(pundek hang lah!!!), korang yang taip macam tak pakai jari, lepas tu tak nak gunakan otak untuk nak perbetulkan kesilapan,
kitorang taxpayer yang susah!!...
Apa jadi dengan pesanan Pak Lah supaya pegawai kerajaan jangan jadi macam the little Napoleon?
Ntah2 diorang tak paham pun apo ko bondo eh litel napoleon tuh!
.

.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

mama irma, hahahahaha!! sorry i had to laugh not at your misfortune, but the swear word right at the end!!! that is so me as well when i am angry! I dont sewar using our own language.

anyway, i hope all is sorted out! It is very infuriating to be passed on from one person to another. My experience goes like thisL I aplied to do my MA two years ago,a nd for that I needed my certs etc. I contacted UiTM to send my certs to the uni..and waited. Wa so confident that i cld get in..but was told that the uni rejected me. Why? I called up - it seems that the cert that UiTM sent said I didn't complete my studies!!!! At that point, i nearly believed that i didnt complete my studies, but then i thought hard- i even remembered that i was featured in the newspapers during the graduation - siap pakai kebaya lagi!!! then i called UiTM - ahhh macam baton relay dibuatnya! last last dia kata--oh sebab masa kak grad dulu tak ada omputer - masih dalam file - tak jumpa file...kepala otak dia! Bila jumpa, tak cek yang semuanya lengkap! i did finish my degree! made my bloog do upstairs lah kan? Mak cik pun...apa lagi, contact sehighest highest punya officer ler! tarik cable! ha, baru dapat certificate yang betul..
ANyway, thanks for a good laugh!

Anonymous said...

yup that pund*k got me cracking too

tulah citer Malaysia, always have to have cable...

sigh...malas nak citer i punya own experience

mama irma said...

Kak Teh and Atenah, looks like we all have our own bitter brushes with beauraucracy,eh?!?psst..I have not done my MyKad yet!!I heard you have to queue up at the Registration office the whole day!

Anonymous said...

Oh dont get me started with the IC dept! all the puns and deks in the world will the come out.

Anonymous said...

hehehe, that's why i refrain myself from dealing with these public depts - kalau tak darah tinggi, terus heart attack gamaknya!

mama irma said...

mama rock, public sector do have a bad image here, no matter how much they try to defend themselves. Kita sendiri pun takut nak deal with them, what more the foreigner yang nak datang invest in our country.

Anonymous said...

Mama Irma : Jo sorang nii tak kerja kat Pejabat Tanah & Galian Shah Alam tau.

Kalau kat Kontan, mebbe boleh tolong tengok-tengokkan..

Oooooh those swear words...:-)

mama irma said...

Oh Jo, I thought it was you on the other line, he,he,he....

Anonymous said...

Kih kih kih, that swear word sounded so funny, but really apt. They deserve the 'P*nd*k hang lah!' 100%. It is really exasperating - I've had the same experience with SYABAS, Astro, Telekom, dan macam-macam lagi. Makes you want to throw a lot of those swear words at them, doesn't it?

mama irma said...

Queen Of The House, as a veteran, I have plenty more words in the swear compartment of my vocabulary, cuma tak nak tunjuk terer ajer!!!kah,kah,kah.....

Anonymous said...

Mama Irma nak kena cabai mulut ni....pun...pun....pulak. I know it wasn't funny situation, but you cracked me up. I wonder what it takes to make them an efficient employeees?