Saturday, June 10, 2006

Menimang Cucu.

.
Congratulations to my friend, Opah, who has just been a grandma 3 times over!
Opah is a practising professional engineer who is also a wife, a mother, a grandma, a bibik and a housekeeper!

Her ability in multitasking is beyond me, who could only manage an extra job of pampering 6 cats without whining.

Another friend, Izan (NekJan), is a grandmother of 2, a career lady with a young girl's blush still on her cheeks.

Juyah has just become a hillarious first time grandma who prefers to be lovingly called WanJu. Believe me, she herself is still very much a spoilt little girl. Her antics are unprintable here...

And Bani once told us that she had to coax her son and daughter-in-law to lend her cucu to be pampered. She is now somewhere in UK on sabbatical doing something postPhD.

Sigh...from gigglish teenagers of the 70's, we are now in the era of grandmothering...

The other day papa looked at me and asked:
Are you sure you 'want' to turn 50??

mama: well, 50 is just a figure written somewhere, I'm not sure where, on the data entry of the Registration Dept. where I'm not in-charged of.
Unlike most people, I self-calibrate my day to consist of 48hrs, based on which, my existance is 25years thus far.

papa: That's the way to go, mama.
Age is just mind over matter, if you don't mind it doesn't matter!!
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mama Irma,
I'm a grand pa 2. I'm Not really worried with calendar age as compared to biological age.

Anonymous said...

mama irma, i just came back from having coffee with some old school friends of mine - and we were discussing just that...age! how much we have aged - and yet - when we are together we still behaved like we are sixth formers. yes, some of us dah jadi Tok!

mama irma said...

penabahari, hi grandpa! I'm sure you are enjoying your grandpahood.

Eh, Kak Teh dah balik dari Umrah? I'm looking forward to read about your experience in your next entry....

Anonymous said...

havent reached opah-hood yet, but not that far too!