Friday, June 02, 2006

Motivation Camp.

.
During the first week of this school holidays, Ikram had to attend a motivational camp at some God forsaken place in Ulu Yam.

mama: Don't you have enough of these motivational thingy coming from the entire clan at home??

Ikram: Since it is already included in the Semester fee, I might as well go and check it out!

But Ikram said his glasses is no longer good, he can't see a mosquitoe flying pass by.
We went to the optician and got his eyesight checked.
The power has doubled, courtesy of small prints of the text books, not the computer screen, playstation or the television set!.....:)?!?
When he tried on the new pair of glasses, Tasya said Ikram looked like Joon Sang, the hero in Korean Drama "Winter Sonata"!

On Friday, Ikram started packing, complete with Papa's newly acquired viewcam in tow.

I drove him to the school, as we arrived at the school gate, his handphone rang.
mama: who was on the line?
Ikram: Natalie's mum. She asked me to take good care of Natalie.
mama: Amboi! Hang tak tau jaga diri sendiri, nak pi menyanggup jaga anak dara orang!!!

The next day I received an sms from Ikram:
mama, sorry, bad news. I tripped in the river whilst jungle trekking and lost my specs. Sori mama, jangan marah ye!

I tried calling him but it was impossible. Papa said there was probably no phone coverage in the area.
I sent an sms all the same:
It's OK, are you injured? Take care of yourself!

Menyesal pulak mama berleter2kan about him not being able to take care of himself!
Dah jadi macam doa pulak!!

I've just returned from the same optician, bringing back the same spectacles as the one that got lost in the river of Ulu Yam...
Now my son looks like 'Joon Sang' all over again..





Bae Yong Jun as Joon Sang in 'Winter Sonata'.
It is said that no one has a smile like his......
.
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

salam perkenalan dari okinawa from klela.

Anonymous said...

so dia tengah merabun ke kat sana tu, kesian. once i lost my glasses while sleeping, sakit jiwa for that week, buat kerja tak nampak clear. end of the week baru jumpa the glasses rupanya termasuk dlm my duvet cover, lasak sangat tido

mama irma said...

Lela, salam dan terima kasih kerana sudi menjenguk disini.

Atenah, maknanya seminggu lah cherq tak kemaih katil???? Cuba kalau kemaih, awai2 lagi dah jumpa!

Anonymous said...

eh kemaih but cermin mata tu kat dlm duvet cover, tak check la dlm duvet cover tu, tak sangka lah samoai ke situ my glasses would end up