Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Traveller.

Papa returned from Helsinki, threw out his winter clothings, and repacked his summer ones to head for Surabaya the very next day. Next week, I suppose he will be getting ready his Ihram suits as he will be involved in some of the Hajj flights which has just started....

Aduhai, mama letih melihatkan papa's schedule, at the same time mama terasa lebih letih being a single mother especially during this crucial time when Ikram is facing an important examination. The tension is, sort of, on me alone to bear.

Actually, even if papa is in the country, it is still my responsibility to get the kids where they are supposed to be, and see to it that they have the minimal of problems.
But I suppose the weight is lighter if, later in the day, I have someone to whine to, and who could at least pretend to agree that I make the right decisions, all the time.

I subscribe to the adage that behind every successful mother, there is an ever consenting father!!!



Papa: After all these madness, we go for a holiday, OK, mama. Kita pergi Penang ker...

mama: Ha'ah, pergi Seoul ker....

Papa: Eh, tu tak sama category!! Are you sure you run a Travel Agency??

Papa was drooling over the Penang Road's Kari Kepala Ikan, I had a hallucination of distributing good Korean Won to the traders at the Nam-Dae-Mun market.

Infact, both of us are anxious for the examination season to be over:

-I need the long awaited breather, to be out of stress until next year when it will be Imran's turn to face the PMR.

-Papa wants Ikram to start his training to be a Pilot. He wishes for Ikram to continue his legacy in the National Airlines, after he retires.

I must remember to remind Ikram to choose an uncomplaining wife when the time comes,
otherwise, he has to develop the art of agreeing,
afterall, papa managed thus far.......


.

5 comments:

Mama Rock said...

the legacy shall stay :)

my mikey wants to be a pilot too, and masa masuk asrama asyik miss home, called me at least three times a day - sampai i told him macamana nak jadi pilot ni, asyik call rumah je :)

mama irma said...

mama rock,
InsyaAllah, mikey will be a Pilot one day! Nowadays the Airlines has very young Pilots, some of them even called me "Auntie"!!! I asked if they can really fly the plane, 'the cockpit is not a PS3 y'know'!!....

Kak Teh said...

mama irma, i was planning for the great escape to prague for just the two of us when children all announced that they want to go home to malaysia. and this sort of upsetthe budget a bit.
enjoy your holiday where ever itis that you go. I know where we will be, here!

mama irma said...

Kak Teh,
Prague, such a romantic city....Don't forget to leave a note on the wall (I saw that being done in "Lovers in Prague", a Korean Drama shot there).
Datuk AKJ IS your Abang Malaya??? I'm SULKING already!!!!!

Kak Teh said...

eh mama irma, sapa kata? that was just a guess by a reader. I dont think he even has time to read my blog.