Thursday, March 15, 2007

8As, it was!

Ikram managed 8As in his SPM examination result..

We were invited to the announcement of the exam result event last Monday at the school's hall, and I can say that it was a nerve wrecking experience for both parents and students.

After the occassion was over, Ikram hugged me and apologized for the less than perfect set of results.

Ikram: I'm sorry mama!

Both papa and me shed tears, not because we were disappointed in him, but we realised that he really tried so hard for our sake!

I told Ikram that I'm really happy with his achievement. I suppose that's the best of his ability, especially I know how much effort he had put into it.

Since then, we have done some research, discussing with a few student advisors from various colleges and Universities. We have decided to support whatever that is Ikram plans to do next.

Next Monday, Ikram will start his life as a student doing GCE A level (pre-Med) at Taylor's University College.
We pray hard that in 18months, Ikram will qualify to pursue his studies in Medicine at the International Medical University (IMU) in Kuala Lumpur.
That's the road map for him to focus on for the time being.
This time it's for his own sake.

Congratulations Ikram!
And thank you teachers and tutors who have guided Ikram along the right direction..

12 comments:

Tauke Saham said...

Congratulation!!
Ghee!! Boyz today, so very clever weh. Thinkin of my schoolin dayz, gosh so stupid, every time exam always got no above 30...

mama irma said...

Tauke saham,
No.30 above in every exam, you still become tauke saham,what!
What you write in your blog are very informative, I read them all the time.
Best of luck in your trading.

pB said...

tahniah...

Mama Rock said...

wow! extend my congratulations to ikram...and mama and papa too!

MukhSin said...

"Both papa and me shed tears"
since when does that sharp, calm(not at all), gentle man cries ?

p.s - i cried reading your blog from 2005 to 2007..... so dont scold me for not finishing my folio ;)

(oh, and pretend not to look at the time)

Unknown said...

mama irma,
Congratulations. You must be on the cloud 9 smiling from ear to ear all day :))

hjghaz said...

Mama Irma,

My congratulations too to Ikram n
parents. May he turn to be a good doctor.

My kid got only 7As n he did not get As in his despised science subjects. Cant say I am too disappointed ços all along he wanted to do Accountancy.

Being an xpress(lompat) student he did much better than his parents three decades ago!

Tahniah again n happy hunting in Bursa market..

mama irma said...

pb,
Terima Kasih!

mama rock,
Thank you, it's a big relief now that it's over.

mukhsin,
You don't have to cry too...no, I've not watched Mukhsin at the cinema yet.


anasalwa,
We could be in cloud 10 if Ikram scores A in all 11 subjects. However, it's a lesson learnt and he now knows the benchmark of what hard work really is! Hopefully, with the experience, he'll get by the A levels and become the Doctor that he dreams to be.

Hjghaz,
Congratulations to your kid too.
So, where is he going to do his accounting studies? My Dilla did her degree at MMU.

Kak Teh said...

congratulations Ikram. sorry terlambat sikit sebab ada hal. Well done and looks like you've got yr road map all planned for you! all the best.

mama irma said...

Kak Teh,
Thank you for still finding time to come and visit here. We know you are very busy making special appearances in the city. We are happy for you and enjoy yourself!

Jo Kontan said...

Congatulations Ikram !!

Laa, lama dah tak datang sini.

Mama dah pindah ker Mutiara Damansara Ker ? No more PJ ?

mama irma said...

Jo,
mama memang dah lama pindah ke Mutiara D'sara. Kiranya kita neighbour lah!