Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Not my little boy anymore.....

.

My 'official' work in the office starts at 9am, but of course I can even turn up at 2pm or do not turn up at all, feigning busy with the wedding planner etc...provided my handphone is switched on in case the staff need decisions from the boss at any time of the day.....

However, I do wake up early every morning to ensure that the boys have proper breakfast and to do a mental checklist of their day's activity. What time they are expected home, their co-curricular activities, homework/project papers done, are they ready for exam/tests/quizzes if there's any for the day so on and so forth......It's part of my CEO jobs, you see.

This morning Ikram put on a black long-sleeved shirt and asked for my 'professional' opinion whether he should roll the sleeves up or button the sleeves down. I noticed he had the lab coat in one hand and suggested that he should roll the sleeves up to remain comfortable in the science laboratory. He was struggling with the task, using his right hand to flip the end of the left sleeve up...

mama: Here, let me help you...
and just like any other smothering mommy who loves to volunteer unsolicited advices:
You know Ikram, when you put on black shirt such as this, you have to be careful with your dandruff showing on the shoulder...

Ikram: Mama, I know!!!, besides, I DON'T have dandruff!!!!Although you still help to fold up my sleeves, I'm not your little boy anymore!!!..


mama:Ooouuwww...sorry...say what you like, to me you are still my little boy!

Ikram salam and kissed my hand before going to college with papa, at the front door, papa gave a peck on both cheeks and assured me:
'you are still my little wife'!!




So sweet, what will my self esteem be without you!

5 comments:

Kak Teh said...

mama irma, my son is now doing part time job while also doing his A levels. Everytime he goes to work, I have to do his tie. I remember the time when I had to bend down to tie the neck tie around his neck and now I have to look up and strain my neck while doing it. And it is usually at this moment - precious few minutes that we, - mommies who love giving unsolicited advise , take the opportunity to do so. (They have to listen and nod, if not risked being strangled by the tie!) Wicked mummy!

mama irma said...

Yes, Kak Teh,
They grow up so fast, but we grow old so slowly.....ha,ha,ha.....

HCI said...

Mama, Ikram tu anak ke bapaknya he he he, tak tau cerita sebab baru datang sini. Make sure there will only just the little wife ya!

But I love you for loving the cats

From Lover to a Cat Lover

mama irma said...

Has,
Apology, my ramblings are as always so confusing...he,he,he...
My katz are very important to me, when I'm at home they are like an appendage of my shadow, following me around.
I've sadly lost some too, and they are forever in my memory....

blur12 said...

so sweet.