Monday, March 31, 2008

Wardrobe Malfunction

I was rather excited to balik kampong on Sunday to celebrate my mum's 75th birthday!






The night before, I was packing 4 sets of baju kurung I already made for her, actually for her to wear them on my daughter's wedding, but I am conveniently going to declare that those are for her birthday.


















Imran had chosen this chocolate gift for his MakTok.









Dilla got ready an angpow packet too, with a sweet message from a sweet granddaughter!!











.


However, I woke up early in the morning to an ethnic drum beat, on the right side of my brain:

"Boom, bum, bum, boom, bum bum!!!!!! I could attach a statcounter to the rhythm!


I reached for papa's digital blood pressure monitor and it registered 144/94.

Determined to go ahead with the trip, I ran cold shower on my head and took a tablet of 'cafergot' (my anti-migraine medication).


Then, I started to throw up.

Papa and Imran asked if we should cancel the trip, but I insisted that I will be OK.

10 minutes into the journey, I used up all the airsick bags papa stored in his car. We decided to head towards a clinic instead.


Doctor asked some questions and I opted for a jab to stop the vomiting.


How long have you been getting this symptom of a cluster headache?

I wanted to tell him it has been there for as long as I can remember,

But I said 'I can't remember'

Doctor advised me to do a CT scan to ensure that it is not an 'arterio-venous malformation'

but I kept on wondering why the doctor diagnosed my head as a 'wardrobe malfunction'?!?...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better now. I think you need a holiday with your cats only :0)

mama irma said...

Eh, Wiz, macamana boleh tersesat kat sini????
Kalau pergi holiday sekarang, lagi sakit kepala, dik!!!'wink','wink'...u know what I mean....

Kak Teh said...

mama irma, do take care. I get palpitations and am quite worried too. anyway, yesterday I said to my husband: In this cold weather all my stiff are joined!
My tongue is also tripping all over the place.

mama irma said...

Kak Teh,
I suppose we are at the price range where we have to pay particular attention to the quality of the product - I don't know what I'm talking about!!