Thursday, July 06, 2006

The World Cup

.
The World Cup fever is finally really going to be over this weekend!!

The whole nation had been gripped by the euphoria, just flip through the daily newspapers, listen to the radio, switch on the telly or have dinner at the mamak's stall..everything revolves around the soccer mania.

Hopefully our own national soccer team has learned a lot from the massive exposure. The technics and the strategies, and the most important the killer instinct of wanting to win!

In my house, I don't have to scan through the morning newspaper to realise that the world cup is still ongoing.
I just have to look in despair at Imran's drooping head on the table over breakfast!
and Dilla's red eyes on her way to work...

mama: Imran, the late nights to morning soccer games are doing you no good! Why don't you stop watching and get back to normal life?

Imran: Ha, ha, mama, you are so funny!

mama: Funny you said? I can be real funny by just switching off the Astro splitter in my room, lock my door and pretend to be dead until the next morning!!!!
Funny hah!?!
I still can't tell my mother to try not to be funny even at my age!
Do you know that?!?.....
Huh!!!.
.

No comments: