Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Al Fatihah

Late last Thursday, my mother phoned to inform us that my grandma did not look too good. She could no longer take in any food and in a state of semi-consciousness.

After sahur, I was making plans to go back to see her. I was discussing with papa that perhaps I could go and get some baby food for my grandma when another call came to inform us that she has passed away.

innalillahiwainnailaihirajiun.....

My grandma lived to a ripe old age, outliving one of 2 adopted daughters and both sons-in-law.

During the funeral, almost all of her cucu, cicit, piut (?) from all over came to see her for the last time. Amongst them were a Member of Parliament (yep, that handsome Datuk from Pilah is my cousin!!), a Mayor, a Chairman of a Bank and a Wakil Rakyat. It was apparent that even she was actually childless, she was much loved by the entire families of her adopted daughters and her own brothers' children and grandchildren too.

My grandma went to grave with well kept secrets, one of which is the identity of who my mother really is.....

p/s: Mr. Lim Goh Tong sir, could you please find out if one of your sisters was given away to a Malay couple (the husband was a police sargeant in Bekok, Johore) in 1933?

8 comments:

hjghaz said...

Mama Irma,

AL-FATIHAH n may ALLAH bless her.


Go for the DNA test..
Yday newspaper reported his grandson got a prime land in Sentosa for his 21st Birthday valued RM15,000,000 from Genting CEO (LGT's son).

Inikan pulak if a long lost niece..

Selamat Hari Raya AidilFitri, Maaf Zahir to Papa, Mama n Family

mama irma said...

hjghaz,
It's a brilliant idea, tapi nanti orang tak kata ker I memandang harta!!...ha,ha,ha....

Unknown said...

mamairma,
I'm sorry about your grandma. please accept my deepest condolence. al-fatihah.

Kak Teh said...

Al Fatehah. Dia kembali dalam bulan yang sangat mulia. She has had a good life!

Selamat Hari raya to you and family.

Jo Kontan said...

Al Fatehah..

mama irma said...

anasalwa,
Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Kak Teh,
Indeed, she has been here for as long as I can remember. (of course, she's my grandmother!)

Jokontan,
Terima kasih, Selamat Hari Raya dan berhati2 dijalan raya....

Am just a gal said...

Am sorry to hear that.
Al-Fatihah... May Allah bless her

Selamat Hari Raya to you & Family

atenah said...

Al Fatihah to yr grandma.

My Chinese grandma pun cam tu, ambik anak angkat China. Then sampai ke her death bed dia mengaku she gave birth to my aunt herself, siap with elaborate stories on who the bidan was. She didnt want to lose her daughter. After she passed, my mom clarified the whole story to my aunt and she was shaken jugalah for a few weeks. Thankfully her hubby and kids were so supportive. She didnt mind being 100% Chinese and opposed to only 50%, its just that finding out she is not what she thought she was that rattled her