Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Remisier and I.

My Remisier (the person who executes your trades at the stock market), Shirley, is the closest a person could get to me as far as my financial issues are concerned.
Not even my Banker, not even my husband!
She has been my confidante for the past 20years or so.

Each morning by 8.55am, the moment I switched on the PC, I got directly online with the Stock Broker.
I first scroll my account summary page, discussing and confirming with Shirley my exact position left from the trade done a day before.
Checked the Outstanding position, Margin Equity and pledging , balance of stocks available in the portfolio etc...

By the time the bell rings at the Bursa Saham within the next 5mins., I would have somewhat decided what I plan to do for the day. By then I will have the entire trading session going on live on my desktop, blinking figures in red and green....well, preferably green...The lists of most active counters, top gainers and losers , and my own hoardings will all be blinking, changing quotes by the seconds, for me to base my decisions on.

No 2 days are the same, my conversations with Shirley are often beyond comprehension to people other than us.

Yesterday, I caught up early with Shirley.

mama: Shirley, check my Ara*. Are the IPO for the REIT already in my account?
shirley: Yes, it's on the list and entirely paid for.
mama: sell the mother.
shirley: all?
mama: yes, all.
shirley:done.

In 2 seconds, my inbox was already blinking with the sell and matched order, stating the amount of shares I've sold in the open market.

mama:throw Ede*
shirley: How many?
mama: everything.
shirley: what price?
mama: give the buyer.
shirley: keyed in.....OK done!

mama: clear my Ica*.
shirley: it's in the retail account.
mama: it doesn't matter, sell.
shirley: give the buyer? OK, done.

mama: Dialo* is ex-div?
shirley: Yes, paid, 11%, you were entitled.
mama: sell dialo*
shirley: You've just bought last week during the cum.
mama: Within T+4?.Contra then!

mama: Rid of Tanama*. I'm tired of them!
shirley: this counter is only starting to move.
mama: I'll buy back later. Give all to the buyer.
shirley: ALL?? it will require 2 bids.
mama: clear whatever on the current buy bid and stay there as seller until finished.
shirley: roger.


It went on and on the entire morning.
By lunch break when we have the space to talk normally, Shirley called on my mobile.

Shirley: Puan MI, are you buying some properties again?
mama: Nope.

Shirley: Do you have informations that I'm not aware of?
mama: Nope. C'mon, I'm no Martha Stewar*.

Shirley: Do you plan to crash the market, then?? Please lah, have some heart, it's not easy for us to touch 1,100points, you know that!
mama: Hello?!? Haven't you heard of 'profit taking'????? Aaiyahh, I'll buy back later, mah!!!

And the day's index went down by 13.28points to 1,088.42points or -1.2% at the closing yesterday, the biggest one day decline since July 14th.
No Sir, Mr. Bursa Saham Chairman Sir, it's not my doing! I never touched your Blue chips!
I'm only an investor on the sly, who happens to be so free now that the school holidays are here...

Happy shopping.

3 comments:

Mrs. Alexis said...

Mama Irma...

I saw almost all "RED" color today and cried a bucket... but Dialo* the only reason am smiling....

So it it buy, sell buy back then? Will it be ok.. am really new.. hopes that can see more "GREEN" 2morrow

mama irma said...

glass slippers,
No need to cry buckets, or, flush your head down the toilet bowl. The market will always consist of that - red and green, all the time! Just remember the equation, buy low sell high. Red for you to buy, green for you to sell.Remain optimistic, don't forget your stop losses and targets to realise profit. Best of luck!

Cik Perunding said...

OMG....this is the kind of lifestyle I dream of. Full time Investor and layan my kucing.