Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Rain is Pouring.....

It's been raining so heavily these last few days that the free use of water for the first 20 cubic metre for residents in Selangor under the new PKR government may render insignificant!


Hope the wet weather will not continue until May as I have a wedding to host!


The immediate catastrophe is that there had been a landslide at my piece of land in Kg. Sg. Penchala.

I've just returned from inspecting the site, with a group of nearby owners of HUGE bungalows and villas individually built around the hills, consisting mostly of successful senior citizens determined to enjoy their golden years in the tranquil of kampong atmosphere amidst the city.
Kg. Sg. Penchala is smack in the middle of Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, Mutiara Damansara and the Damansara Country Heights.



My land on top of the hill is no more!

Chunks of boulders and earth had rolled down the slope, bringing along the bigger section of my neighbour's villa, collapsing and burying them into their lake.

Pictured above is my neighbour's workers trying to divert the flow of water into a nearby ravine, which is a futile exercise, as more water is expected from the dark and angry cloud above.



What is left of my antique Durian tree landed on the Dato's garden, somersaulting with its root pointing up to the sky!!!

Hope the Dato' and Datin will not sue me over this act of God.

4 comments:

hjghaz said...

Mama Irma,

My sympathy..

But I did learn that;

"Pokok Durian Runtuh" tak sama
dengan "Durian Runtuh"

Other than;

"Siapa Makan Cili Dia Terasa Pedas"
tak sama dengan
"Siapa Makan Tempe Dia Terasa Handsome".....

mama irma said...

hjghaz,
I lost some and I lost some more........

Sudah jatuh ditimpa tangga, terkena pulak tahi ayam.......

Kak Teh said...

Oh no! when was this? kesian you.

mama irma said...

Kak Teh,
It happened on the first week of April, I filled up about RM1.5m worth of earth in my neighbour's lake.
There went my 14year old son's dream of building a house on top of the Penchala Hill....