Monday, September 22, 2008

Maidless in Mutiara

Asnah, my Indonesian maid left for Medan last Saturday for a month long H/Raya break.

I sent her to Port Klang to take the 10 am ferry. At 2pm, she called, I thought she had arrived at her kampong but she said she had just boarded a rescheduled bigger ferry which will take 6 hours to reach Tg. Balai.

I advised her to be patient, nak berHari Raya dengan keluarga mesti lah kena berkorban!!

I pun berkorban jugak!

Now I have to sweep and water the garden, clean the house, do the laundry, cook for the family, feed the cats, bunnies.....etc,etc, etc, (exaggerated to add drama) besides, of course, managing a business.

Just the thought of them make me very distraught when all I want to do is...




sleep,





...and looking good....

2 comments:

Kak Teh said...

MAma Irma, selamat hari raya maid or no maid - Have a good time!

mama irma said...

Kak Teh,
Selamat Hari Raya to you and family too!!!!