Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Why You Shouldn't Send Your Child To Study Law!

We made a grave mistake by letting Ikram pursue his studies in the field of Law.

Why?

Because it turns out that he became overzealous, he actually makes it a habit to transform every discussion we have into a moot!!!!!
With any wrong remark I made, he'll routinely analyse it with a vengeance and put me on trial!!

The only way to win is for me to resort to: I may not be right, but, as your mother who pays for your (Law) education, I have the right!!

Alas, with his father it's another story altogether. There was a time in the car, while driving to the airport, they got into a heated 'discussion'. I remember it started innocent enough with: 'so, pa, what do you think of this Allah word which the court has now allowed to also be used by the christians'?
By the time I realised it, they were already screaming at each other, with papa about to disown Ikram as his son!.
I was so worried that the car would crash as a result of hand gestures, taken off the steering wheel, to prove a point, with me presiding as the court interpreter cum passenger at the backseat!

Mothers, please do not say that you have not been warned!!!! Encourage your son to become a Veterinarian, instead.


Ikram, squatting, wearing red tie, at one of his Moot Competitions held in HCMC.

moot: mock on trial

No comments: