Sunday, October 16, 2005

In Search of IRMA

.

.
We spent the whole weekend searching for Irma. Dilla prepared a pamphlet about our missing cat, and we went around the entire neighbourhood asking if anyone has seen Irma. We asked the Bibiks, the supirs, the ma'am ..whoever. I even snooped at the neighbour's swimming pool, just incase my cat is floating in there! I left brochures at the restaurants, in the event Irma stops by there for food. Dilla's friend puts up Irma's foto at a cat's forum in the internet.

I drove to Irma's vet and notify him. Incase Irma is injured and some good samaritan brings her to see him for treatment. He is all bitter, suggesting one of my neighbours must have stolen Irma. His theory based on his experience: Irma is too heavy for long walks, she is too friendly to run away from strangers, she is so plump and fluffy that anybody would want to have her. By the end of his long list, I was already in tears...lots of tears....

Papa said he'll get me another pedigree cat. I refused, I don't want to be in the same predicament, ever again.
If someone has indeed taken Irma away, I hope that she will be taken care of, in a much better way than I did.
Imran said, at least Irma was very happy when she was with us! Ohhhh, No!!!! How do I stop these tears?????
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no!! I came here in the hope that Irma has come home! I feel so much for you and am almost in tears myself. I just cant bear the thought of anything happening to any of our cats or any cat at all. When i went back to malaysia, I spent time and money buying food and feeding stray cats. Oh, I do hope she returns - if it is any consolation, my Jasper returned afterthree days..and I have been told that cats do do that kind of thing - going MIA.

mama irma said...

Kak Teh, I do hope she'll come back, tapi the vet said the longer she's missing, makin tipis harapan nak jumpa semula...it's been 6 days.

Anonymous said...

mama, so sosrry to hear abt the missing of ur irma.

i have 6 cats, we used to have 12. we tame the ferals and i love them to death. but one by one got hit by speeding cars and i cry each time!

losing a cat is like losing ur own child!

hope she comes home...i really do!