Monday, October 10, 2005

My TY Beanies Colleczion




I have been collecting TY beanies since 1999. Initially, I bought every TY in the list but later when my display cabinet was about to burst, I focus on the bears only. I wonder if there is anybody in Malaysia who has the same hobby as mine??

In the US, the TY collectors are really passionate about the beanies. Ada satu cerita in the newspapers I once read, a couple going thru divorce went to court to split their beanies collection. These beanies are really costly especially the retired ones. Ty produces only a few pieces of a certain character,each tagged with a name,a birthday and a set of poem, and if you miss buying them when they are still available, you have to buy them from other collectors.You can gather a lot of information from their official website at http://www.ty.com.

Yesterday, I spent the whole day cataloging and arranging my beanies.There are hundres of them, by the time I'm finished, I was completely 'pancit'....
Papa said, this Hari Raya open house, he is going to ask his office staff to each guess how many are there TY in my cupboards. Siapa dapat beri jawapan yang betul nanti dapat hadiah!!!!....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A'kum,
Salam perkenalan, terhibur baca ur blog.Banyaknya your collection. Anak-anak tak kacau ke koleksi tu.

Anonymous said...

oh no! banyaknya! i started a collection of mini tea pots and then I realised this is getting dangerous..so i stopped.

mama irma said...

he, he, kak Teh, memang dangerous, rumah dah penuh dgn beaniebabies! mas, anak2 dah besar, diorang yang kadang2 inform me that there's a new beanie in town!

Anonymous said...

wauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....cepat cepat tutup mulut...