Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Ever heard of the FLUFFY PANCAKE?

.
I was stalking the Sentraalstation and ended up at Anasalwa's page. I drooled at the picture she posted on the fluffy pancake that she expertly made for all her friends. I peeped at the ingredients..OK...not so tricky, and decided to make one the moment I arrived home.

1/2 cup of milk, sure,
1/2 cup of flour, easy weasy,
2 eggs, no sweat,
1 tablespoon of sugar, kid's job,
mix them all in a blender, OK, bibik take out the blender for me , please....
nak expert sikit , put a drop of vanilla essence sebab taknak bau eggs...cewah!!
3 tablespoon of unsalted butter. senang ba, melt it in the pan and pour into a caserole.
preheat the oven.
Pour the blended mixture on top of the melted butter in the caserole and send it into the oven.
Wait for 20 mins. No, DO NOT open the oven door no matter how tempted you are, that's what Anasalwa fiercely cautioned!....
If you are too anxious, go see your orchids first.... Do not answer that phone call from your mother-in-law as that will take at least 45 mins.
then,
ringggg....(the timer),
viola,
out of the oven!!

But how come Anasalwa's fluffy pancake looked like this:







Anasalwa, pijam gambar, eh!








While mine turned out to be like this?????





pathetic,
kurus kering sekemperr!!!!







Could it be due to geographical differences, you know, locally made goods are supposed to be inferior compared to foreign ones! That's what they said about Proton cars....

Alamak, fedup lah! my fluffy pancake was in reality so thin, so small to be shared with 3 kids in my kitchen. Besides Dilla's boyfriend suddenly appeared at the door.
Auntie buat aper tu? Sedapnya!
Aik, belum makan dah sedap?
A model future son-in-law, you can have my share!

An hour later, I was back in the kitchen, this time making the not so ambitious, ordinary looking and ever so humble lempeng looking like this:















yummy...yummy....
I could hear papa's famous words: "cooking is obviously not your expert material lah mama, go count your money instead, that's what you do best!!"
mama: he,he, tenkiu papa, dat's wai I veri de lev yu!!.....
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mamairma,
You're a riot :))
I applaud your effort, but don't be discouraged. Practice , practice and practice. How hot the oven was, anyway?
My late Mak liked to say: The art of cooking is to enjoy it. Hope you'll try again.

mama irma said...

Oh, must manage the tempreture,eh? 425degrees, right? Time remain 20mins? I will try again perhaps with a smaller caserole, and less butter (reduce to 2 tablespoon,OK?) since my pancake has got melting butter floating on top of it!
Gosh, this is tougher than dissecting drosophila melanogaster when I was in University..

Anonymous said...

hahaha - if i were to try - antah apa jadi agaknya!
and mama irma..am glad sentraalstation is catching on and linking all of us together.

mama irma said...

Yes Kak teh, we can learn a lot from each other at Sentraalstation, thanks for the effort!