Thursday, January 26, 2006

ZOMBIE

.
It has been only a month into the new school year, but Ikram and I are already semi-zombies.....

Yesterday after coming back from school, I saw him shoving his soiled sports attire into the refrigerator! instead of the washing machine......

Ikram: mama, may I ponteng from the tuition today? I'm soooo tired because of the sports practise in school today!
mama: tak boleh lah Ikram, kalau mama start allowing you to ponteng once, your brain will try to work on the simple path again and choose ponteng as an option. If I say no, your subconscious mind will never recognise the word!
Ikram: but I'm so tired, mama!
mama: Takpe, tell Mrs.Radha that you are very tired and request for her to work slowly with you!
Ikram: mama, the word slow never appear in Mrs. Radha's vocabulary...

I agree that Ikram's schedule has been very hectic thus far, from dawn to dusk.
Monday: 7am-4pm school, 5pm-7pm Accounts tuition.
Tuesday-Thursday: 7am-4pm school, 5pm-7pm Additional Maths tuition.
Friday: 7am-12.30pm school, 3.30pm-5pm modern maths tuition.
Saturday: 7am-1pm school.
Sunday: the only day able to breathe.....

mama:Ikram sabar lah, plod on..it's for your own good! You need to sacrifice ONLY for this year!!!, please....
In-between I try to shower him with lots of materialistic motivational items like his phone top-up credit, his favourite fast food and double dose of daily allowance.

If Ikram is to obtain 12As in his SPM, I may get 13, an additional A for 'parental support', double-majoring in 'nagging' and 'child bribery'......

This morning after we rushed into the car, I forgot something.
mama: Ikram, your water bottle?
Ikram: yeah I have it in my bag,
mama: with yesterday's water?
Ikram: No, I top it up myself,
mama: where do you take the drinking water from?
Ikram: the toilet bowl,
mama: good, clever boy.....

It's obvious that we have no more humour, and it's still early in the morning.

Since Ikram 'suffered' too much already, I decided to allow him to go to the movie last Sunday, to loosen up some mental knots.
After driving for 20 minutes, I parked the car.
Ikram: Eerr, mama, this is Mrs. Radha's house!
mama: yeah...
Ikram: BUT, I'm going to see a movie at the cinemaplex in One Utama!!! and you are supposed to send me THERE!

Yes comrade, I'm now zombier than thou!
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no, no, i insist i am zombier than thou

ha ha

baru masuk 3rd week sekolah buka, i dah demam2 urat, adoi doi, stress stress but i got no mummy to mummy me. hang on jer lah

mama irma said...

Atenah, sabar ajerlah, plod on, it's for your own good...he,he,he....