Friday, February 03, 2006

3 Layers Of Heaven

.
3 layers of heaven, that's what Imran called my cream caramel!

My children are so easy to please, I only made a simple effort, and the appreciation and tributes were triplefold. he,he,he.......

Due to the long holidays, rather than fiddling with my fingers, sleep, wake up to view the garden, fiddling my fingers, sleep and wake up to view the garden again, I decided to make my famous cream caramel. Well, actually it's only famous amongst my kids, anyway.

When Liza, my niece-in-law (is that what you call someone who married your nephew?), was courting Akmal, I was told that she came to the family house bringing her homemade cream caramel all the time. Her cream caramel was so delicious, so much so, I, the auntie, would always take some back home whenever I visited Akmal's mom's house. I have always known how to make one, but I was unsure, like, eh, dah masak ke belum? manis sangat ke? susu terlebih ke?..so it was trial and error all the time!

Last week Liza was kind enough to let me in to her recipe,

the topping:
1 cup of sugar to make your own caramel. when it's slightly yellow, add half cup water.

the custard:
2 cans evaporated milk
8 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
(blend them all together)

Pour the cooled caramel into a glass bowl, pour the blended mixture on the top.
steam for 30 mins.
serve chilled with a can of mix fruits.

Here's how your 3 layers of heaven should look like:
















Dilla: mama, tolong buatkan cream caramel for Nazrin!
mama:..(eh, boyfriend hang, hang lah buat, pasai apa pulak aku nak buat! might as well I go and find my own boyfriend and make the cream caramel for him!!).....
Nevertheless, I still make one especially for Nazrin, after all it's not often that I can show off my culinary skill.
The verdict?
Nazrin: Sedapnya cream caramel auntie!!!!!! I give you 9.7 marks out of 10!!
Ooooppsss...your loss, should you generously give 12 marks out of 10, I might just try to make the delicious tiramisu for you next week....

.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

entah nazrin ni, ada ke pulak 9.7!! but bagus jugak dapat bakal menantu yg tak bermuka2 tak. nanti kang tak tau what he says is different than what he means. can i ask u for a favor? could u pls put up the pic of yr garden? (i hope I'm not being too forward) oooo i lurrrve gardens. i just saw on Karangkraf web site that they have a new gardening mag.

wait a minute! did u mention tiramisu too?and also i was thinking who was Miss Msia 78? Yasmin Yusuf ke? he he he ada ke sumthin in someone's blog tersangkut dlm kepala otak i berhari2

mama irma said...

atn, ada banyak gambar gardens, nanti bila I 'chong' pasai garden I'll put up some pics, OK! Pls be disappointed, I'm NOT Yasmin Yusuf, she doesn't have a chaotic life like mine.

Anonymous said...

you've been tagged :)

mama irma said...

atn, ya I noticed, nanti masuk ofis on Monday I'll respond, OK!

Anonymous said...

mamairam,
It's definitely looks like heaven. Heaven on platter. I got to try it.
Mental note: Visit mamairma when I go home for a visit next time.

Anonymous said...

alamak, thousand apologies, typo..........mamairma

mama irma said...

Anasalwa and Kak Teh, It's so easy to make, someone with 2 left hands like me also can come out with a delicious cream caramel.