Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Da Katz

I am totally, wholly, completely smitten by my cats. I love them and in my house, my 7 cats are treated like my very own children.

It all started in May 2003, when we just reached home from Imran's school. (I was and still am his money-machine chauffer). Imran spotted this pathetic looking creature, a white little thing with a kink tail at our rubbish bin. Someone must have thrown a poor kitten right infront of our house. Imran scooped him up, took him in, washed and fed him and begged me to take care of the poor fella. Within an hour we found ourselves at a pet's store, shopping for kitten's things like a litter box, a cage, some toys and of course his food and milk. We called him 'Putih' due to his coat colour, but later on, as per customary in my household, he is reffered to as Puts, putsy-mutsy etc.....

This guy got an idea that he is an only child, cos, he is the only one in the house with a tail(albeit a kinked one)! He got spoiled rotten, fancies only boiled fish and Kentucky fried chicken! He eats everybody up, and everybody in the house including the maid has at least one scar on either the arm or the leg! He also sprayed me with his urine while I'm still alive and standing. One sunday morning, he jumped straight on top of papa, still sleeping on the bed, and watered him down completely from the top of his comforter.......
We figured out that puts must be lonely and needed a friend.Imran and I decided to buy a girlfriend for him. That's how we ended up carting Irma home one evening in December 2003... and as nature has it, I am the proud grandma of 3 kiddos whom Tasya and I personally assisted to be delivered on 2ndJuly 2004. Imran called them Priyanka (because of her southern Indian look), Bella and Fur.

As the house is already too crowded by now, they have all been spayed. Alas, last May we picked up another 2 strays when we were in Kuala Pilah visiting my mother. The kittens were so sick, covered with fungus, having bad diarrhoea and nearly blind. we put them in a box and brought them back with us. The family vet did a good job on them and they got a second lease of life. Now they are the adopted children of puts and Irma, we call them ChiHuaHua and Tuxedo.
Papa said no more cats please, cos, each time he bought fish at tesco, someone will surely comment if he is cooking laksa. He wouldn't want to be buying an amount where someone will suspect that he is a pasar malam vendor any time soon.

Irma is the one closest to me. She waits for me to arrive home, everyday. The moment my car is parked, somehow, she will appear from somewhere. She will then be at my feet and will even wait up infront of the bathroom. Papa designates her as my PA/Aide-de-camp/official autobiographer/executive contributor towards my sneezing bouts........

One day while driving Imran to school I declared: 'nanti bila mama dah tua and has no more use of my money, I want to convert my land in Kuang to be a stray cats' sanctuary, where they can roam around freely at the gardens. They will have their very own caretakers and inhouse vet, all cats are welcomed.'
Imran: when you are about to have no use of your money, kindly notify me first, okey!!!.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aik impian auntie nak wat shelter for animal is the same like my bestfren.....ada saingan ni hehehe