Sunday, September 25, 2005

My travels around the world

I used to tell the gang, in the event that I unintentionally finished up all my wealth in my lifetime and left you all nothing, I can still be at peace as I've given the opportunity for you to get the best form of education, and the travels that we have done together to open up your minds.....

I could have done more travels if not for the fact that I don't enjoy them if the kids are not around to share the experience. So, any plan will start with the choosing of dates when everybody could spare the time. Of course, in the course of his duty, papa has seen 3/4 of the earth's crust, but often I could not follow due to my chauffer job during school days. I could assign the office driver to send or pick the boys up but most times I have to suffer even more listening to many complaints:
'This Uncle Mat is always late!!!,
'Why can't uncle Mat park nearer to the gate? I have to walk soooo far,
'Does uncle Mat know how many times I have to tawaf around the school before he sees me??? (this episode prompts me to call Mat on the phone all the way from Makkah,while doing my pilgrimage!!).
A tear jerker used to come from Ikram: mama, are you too busy today to even pick me up from school????
That's it folks, that's the beginning of my fulltime career as a professional schoolcar driver.

So, these are the places that we managed to see so far:-

1994: Medan, Brastagi, Indonesia.
1995: Tokyo, Japan.
1996: Los Angeles, California.
: Jakarta, Bandung, Indonesia.
1997: Tour of Europe covering UK, Belgium,Holland,Germany,Switzerland and France.
1998: Hawaii, USA.
1999: Hong Kong, ROC.
2000: New York,
: Orlando, Florida
2001: Beijing, China.
2002: Umrah,
: Gold Coast, Australia.
2003: Haj.
: Umrah.
2005: London, UK.

And we do enjoy our numerous trips to Singapore for Christmas shopping..

Oooopss,... errrr,... we've not been to Kelantan yet!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salam Irma. I was in STF 1965-1972

Anonymous said...

mama irma! wah sungguh jauh perjalanan dan luas pemandangan! envy you lah! kak teh tioman pun tak pernah pergi.

mama irma said...

Wah,Kak Mutiara, welcome to my blog!! 8YEARS in STF,wow!!I mesti kenal kak. I ada create a fotopage for my batch at http://stf74.fotopages.com. Cuba lah kak tengok, kalau2 ada yang masih kenal, sekarang semua dah kembang macam cinderelot!!!

Anonymous said...

Mama irma... I belong to Zaharah Ibrahim's batch. You must be 4 years my junior. If you are familiar with my nickname at school.."kak Saloma"