Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Al-Fatihah

.
Papa came home from the office yesterday, looking grim.
As he opened the door, he told me, Hariyani has passed away this morning.

mama: Hariyani?......(silence)...
what did she die of? (Choked and half expecting the answer).
papa: They told me she got cancer....

Innalillahiwainnailaihirajiuun.....

Hariyani is the 6th of my peers who has passed on due to the big C, before the age 5o..
First it was Pip (my colleague at MITI),
then Kat (my auto industry buddy),
then Ana(my Domestic Trade fellow officer),
then Leha (my primary schoolmate),
then Zakiah (my STF74 friend).....

Nowadays, the frequency of you hearing about someone dying of cancer has become as routine as one being pickpocketed.
It's so sad.

They say it's because of our modified food intake,
Lack of exercise,
stressful life....

Whatever, I leave my fate to the Creator.
He brought us here,
and He will decide when to take us back
(hopefully to a better place.....).

Al-Fatihah.

No comments: