Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Reading Glass

.
Rather busy in the office this morning, now that auditing period has started. Berselerak files on the table, on the floor, on the lap.....he,he,he....

Suddenly,.... kelepark....
Alamak, a file dropped on my spectacles, my reading spectacles!!!!
Habis lah hari ni, macam mana nak baca blog!!!!...kah,kah,kah...

I walked to the optician located at the end of my office block.

mama: Hi, I want to purchase a reading glass.
mr.ng: Why do you need a reading glass?
mama: To read!!! (of course).
mr.ng: Reading glass is only for a slightly aged lady, do you need one?
mama:.....(eh, optician ni, does he need a pair of spectacles as well? Tak nampak ker aku dah rabun jauh and rabun dekat nih?)....
Yes, I badly need one, I can't view my computer screen anymore!!
mr.ng: How old are you? 25?
mama: 50 LAH!!
mr.ng: ...(purak2 terperanjat!!)..

After testing my eyesight, I decided on a lightweight, rimless, titanium Gucci frame.

mama: Make sure it's ready by lunchtime, OK?!?
mr.ng: OK, but let me measure your iris to enable me to place your focal point.

mr.ng used that magnifying glass and looked closely at my eyes, again and again.
mama:....(apasal lagi ni? Aku ada cataract pulak ker?)...
mr.ng: You've got a hazel coloured iris! It's so rare and beautiful!

mama: ...(Eih, sudah2 lah memuji tu, dah beli Gucci frame pun!, By the way, it helps if only mr.ng at least resembles Richard Gere!) .....

Good try, mr.ng! I know it's hard to do business nowadays....
It's true. Even the infamous AP Kings are cringing in their Versace underpants this morning, after the guidelines on the long-awaited New Automotive Policy was released last night!

How do you know, you asked?
I know. I should know!!!

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mama irma, are u one of the infamous AP King?(heheh sorry sensitive issue).Itu duti kelajaan sudah turun, halga keleta turun juga ka?

mama irma said...

anonymous, no I'm NOT one of them, though we'd wish we'll be..Was managing them, though, once upon a time...(no more telling!!!!)....
Yes, the car price will ultimately come down with the lowering of import duty, wait for them to finish their current stock.