Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Judging mama

.
I went to One Utama Shopping Complex early yesterday morning. I had to get a luggage bag as a gift for a customer who will be travelling to Mexico. The salesgirls at 'The House of Leather' know me very well as I purchase most of travelling bags for my Travel Agency from them.

When I arrived at 10am, the salesgirls were still running very quick from the foyer. They saw me from a distance away and rushed to open the outlet's door. I told them it's OK, I'll go browse around instead, and will come back later. They apologised profusely for being slightly late that morning.

I stopped infront of the Reject Shop and remembered that the silly maid have recently added red spots to papa's yellow Polo workout shirt.
Baju untuk exercise ajer, boleh lah beli kat Reject shop, yer papa!.
Went in and picked up a Polo Ralph Laurent collared T-shirt for RM33.90.
he,he,he...I could get 3 pieces here at the price Tasya paid for the 'same' one in London for her papa!!!!.....

With the Reject Shop's plastic bag in hand, I went into the Laura Ashley store. I saw a very beautiful green cottonlaced blouse on display.
Searched for the stock at the rack to choose my size 7 (bluff) ...But no one was keen to assist me. Everybody was busy looking the other way except at ME! I waited a few minutes, still no sign of interest to sell anything.
Fine, you don't want my money, I'll fly down to Singapore and get my blouse from a friendly Laura Ashley store located at The Shaw House..

I walked towards the luggage shop but made a pitstop at Marks & Spencer. In London, Marks & Spencer stores are available at every corner of the street, but here in Malaysia they made it very posh and expensive looking.
I picked up a working blouse, I already have 3 of the same design but of different colours. This time I saw one in striped dark brown and already familiar with how comfortable it is to have it on.

I stood for 10minutes at the cashier's counter with the blouse, waiting for someone to collect money from me.
Nobody seemed interested to be away from their chores of dusting the shelves.
I couldn't figure why wouldn't anyone trust that I can afford at least a Marks & Spencer's blouse?
Well, I couldn't wait any longer as I too have to rush for my luggage. I put the blouse back on the rack and left the store. Nobody cared.

All it took was 5minutes to decide on a light weight Mendoza trolley Cabin Bag. I took out my bulging Dior purse and told Rachel, the 'House of Leather' girl, that no one wants my money this morning.

Rachel said it was probably because I carried a Reject Shop plastic bag, and the people at the stores didn't want to waste their time on me, thinking I wouldn't be able to afford anything costlier.......
Was it true? So, no one actually noticed my Rolex watch??!!??

Bledy pole!!
.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

well mama, that is normal... happened to me few times. They are being bias.. typical thinking of the not-so-well-educated salesgal/guy...

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!!!!!!! If'll be u mama, I'll make sure that the manager to be responsible for the silly behaviour of thier salesgirl..... I will still pick the blouse and throw the money to them.... then choose another blouse, make them entertains me at the end leave.. just like in the pretty women movie.....

mama irma said...

nzn, a seasoned shopper,eh!

anonymous, I was rushing and have not much time to kick up a fuss, the pretty woman Julia Robert lady does not have a business to manage, and a luggage bag to deliver!,he,he,he.....

Anonymous said...

mama, wondering why u need to buy a luggage as a gift to ur customer. I am planning for a trip to aussie what is the cost ya??? and if i go with ur package will i get the gift as well... :)

mama irma said...

NZN, It is a customary practise to give out complimentary luggage to big Corporate clients whose airticket fare exceed certain RM per booking.
MATTA fair hari tu tak pergi ke? Ada banyak offer for trips to Aussie.

Anonymous said...

Ok, hear it out loud. MATTA fair :( tak sedar pun, sedar2 dah end

Anonymous said...

adoi mama irma! lucky you were rushing. if it was me, i think the salesgirl might have wished she didnt work during that shift!

mama irma said...

huih mama rock, garang nyer! he,he,he.....

Anonymous said...

mmg..byk salesgirl and etc mcm tuh..esp. kalau org melayu kiter ni kan??? i shd blog abt this lah nanti..