Friday, March 24, 2006

'Hijrah Remaja'

.
If Dilla is to accidentally stumble upon my blog today, she will half expect that the title of my entry will be just that - 'Hijrah Remaja'!!

I was over the phone with some affected old friends, busy giving out free, solicited and unsolicited advice and my own two-cent worth views on The New Automotive Policy. After the reality dawned onto them, they decided to give me a call to compare if their interpretations on the guidelines were accurate. For a while, I heard myself sounding not unlike Datuk Dr. Zainal Aznam making his analysis on the newly tabled National Budget on a Friday in October. I adore Datuk Zainal Aznam!! He could make all those economic jargons so easy to be understood by non-economists like me!

By the way, in-between feigning my sympathy towards the filthy rich, I received a message from Dilla reminding me to watch the first episode of a talk-show programme called 'Hijrah Remaja' on Astro Ria Channel tonight. She will not be able to see the show since she is now in campus, preparing for her final exam of a final semester of the final year!!!........

I forgot all about it until I was changing channels after the News at 9pm. and saw Adam, the host of the show introducing the penalists by then. I managed to contain my patience for hardly 10 minutes of the 30 minutes airtime for the programme.

I definitely am no remaja anymore because the programme SO disturbed me!!
What's with the 'Ustaz' who came with a bad hairstyle, trying to do with his unfunny quips and jokes? He probably tried too hard to fit into the group, like a square peg in a round hole.
Even papa who was not actually watching, made a remark, is this joker going to be a permanent feature of the show?

And other members of the panel? They are in the 16-23 years age group.
Some of them looked lost ,with shallow one liner opinions.
It didn't help that the topics ranges from : Akad Nikah, Dating, Adat Resam Melayu or something to those effects.
To give you an idea, the ustaz at a time actually coached a penalist to say 'Dari berchatting terus berdating, lepas tu bunting!'
Like, hello?? Ustaz?? Is that a proper phrase to be said by a young girl who looked very ill at ease herself in handling the issues? And the girl went on to say something like : what to do, it's the norm nowadays.
Is it?
I don't know.
It certainly is NOT the norm amongst the youth I came across in my surroundings i.e. my own children, my nieces and nephews and my friends' children.....
Or I ought to wake up incase it is true!

It certainly helped a lot, Adam, if the penalists were given the topics for discussion ahead of the recording sessions, so that they came prepared with substancial knowledge of the subject matter.
You were impressive though, compared to the Adam I met chewing betel leaf with MakTok at my house during last Raya, he,he,he......

Hopefully the next episode will not be as painful to watch since Dilla and her cousin Nini will be making their special appearances......
I don't want to hide under the pillow, with Bella's tail poking at my nose, girls!!!


p/s: The handsome host sedang bercinta dengan seorang puteri Raje.
(source: cosmos, cosless)
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

re: the ustaz, aiseh cari le yg ada substance sikit tak?

Anonymous said...

haha - this is so funny! I can just imagine the scenario..The ustaz is trying to be so cool. That line oabt berchatting to berdating and bunting is so not on!!! And a norm?? I sincerely hope not.Thanks for an early monring entertainment Mama Irma.

mama irma said...

atn, It got a little bit irritating, poor kids.
kak teh, Happy x3 Birthday!!!