Monday, March 20, 2006

Reflexology

.

.
Earlier this month, I had a nasty food poisoning. I spent one whole day and night in the bathroom doing 2 most horrible things when one is having a bad stomach, concurrently. It was so tiring, that after I recoverred from the ordeal, I was having a cramped shoulder and neck and the vomit spot at the hind of my skull was throbbing.

Maria, my masseaur is currently away in Medan. I could not suffer in silence.
I noticed a new Reflexology outlet just opened at the top floor of my office building.
I decided to try, whatever, as long as I can get rid of the discomfort.

mama: Hello, itu tempat mau bikin reflexology?
man: Ya.
mama: Awak ada tukang reflexology perempuan?
man: kenapa? Lu mau mintak kelja ka?
mama: bukan, saya mau try you punya service, tapi mau cari perempuan bikin.
man: reflexology perempuan tak tau bikin, tak da kuat, woh!, you boleh try man bikin, kaki saja, takdak hal punya....
mama: .......(thinking,...thinking....) OK lah, nanti saya pergi tempat you dalam masa 5 minit.

Mama sempat pesan kat staff, kalau saya tak turun dalam masa 1 jam, you all cari saya kat tingkat atas, ya!

After I signed up, AhSeng the reflexologist requested that I 'scalded' my feet in the hot water. The moment he touched my foot after it's dried, I thought that my lifeline was cut off. It was so painful that you could pee in your beaded sarong kebaya!!!
According to AhSeng, if you are fit, you won't feel any pain at all.
He discovered that my blood circulation was stuck here and there (selupa itu longkang sudah sumbat!), weak back, jammed neck and shoulder and I have signs of migraine...
I braved exactly 1 hour there, and thought I'd return to my office crippled.

But No! I believed I could fly......
My feet were so light and the pains were gone.....
At night I could sleep so soundly, no more nightmare (of chasing after the train)..

After 2 days, I went for a repeat treatment, and I swear it was a very pleasant experience for a change.
No more pain when AhSeng plonk his hammerlike hands on both my feet!.
It was a splendour!

On a Saturday, I noticed papa woke up 'senget'.
He said he must have slept the wrong way throughout the night.
I was anxious to test AhSeng's expertise on another person in order to prove that it was not a placebo effect on me.

I fixed an appointment for papa and accompanied him there.
I knew exactly what pain he went through and AhSeng said papa's condition was even worse.
'here jam, there jam...'
At a point, I saw papa staring blankly at the wall that if he didn't blink after a minute, I thought he had passed out!!!!
kah,kah,kah.....

mama: You are such a baby, papa! I had mine done and it was 'NOT' painful at all! You are just exaggerating!!.....

Papa managed to survive the 1 hour ordeal without mishap. He must have felt the difference that the next day he asked:
when is my next appointment with your footologist?

Footologist, papa? Your foot!!

I must remember to tell AhSeng to finetune papa's audio reception the next time he mauls papa's feet.
Lately, papa appears to have problems in intercepting my vocalwave especially when it's nearing the end of the month:

'papa, the newspaper vendor is here...
papa, the gardener is done...
papa, the carwasher has finished his job....
papa, the Homeguard Supervisor is at the front gate with the month's bill'.....

Strangely, he could decipher if it's something like:
'papa, bring down my purse, please'.....
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm have been thinking of going to a reflexologist (sp?) bila I balik nanti. how much do they charge now? it used to be RM30 per session.

mama irma said...

atn, I find reflexology very practical as it has the same effect as the whole body massage for me, but you MUST find the real qualified reflexologist to do it, not the fake Bangkok ones!The centre I go to has just opened and the promotional rate is RM40.00 per hour.